Dec 12, 2009

collecting presents







These are some christmas market finds.

If you can believe it, the first two are cookies! Made with antique moulds, moreover. In its picture, the rose has already been nibbled into an oval shape. At this moment, it is sitting next my laptop only a sad remnant of what it was. . . The last is a toy horse I am giving my niece and nephew for christmas. Isn't it fun?
***

I'm reminded of how excited I get every year as christmas approaches and my stash of presents grows. It gives me a little joy to find and collect presents that I can't wait to give! The reason, I think, is because I know what it's like to receive, especially from someone who knows you, your quirks, and the kind of stuff that gets you excited. Giving is a reminder of the gift God gave the earth not so long ago, and how valuable we all are. And so, for this, I really treasure giving and receiving as a part of the season. It doesn't have to be lavish and greedy, as it's made out to be- it's good; it's how we're supposed to treat each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment